Does anyone else feel as if their C-Section has took a serious toll on their body?

Its been a year since my emergency c section. And evry since I just have not felt the same. The scar does not bother me. But I havent had a period simce May of 07. And that was the only one Ive had since my daughter was born. I've had chronic hip pain for weeks at a time. My bowls are out of whack. My face will not stop breaking out. And I keep getting pressure headaches just to name a few. I just in general feel un-healthy! Has anyone else had a simular experience?

Anangelsmommy7

Asked by Anangelsmommy7 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Health

• umm yea! my first child was an emergency c section and it messed me up for months! i blead for months and had problems with my bowls too it was bad! but it finally straighten out and i went back to normal but i had hip pain too oh my gosh it was painful! but my second child everything was normal! i even had a c section with him too but everything got back to normal in weeks very different!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had two C-sections, with the last being 20 years ago... Yes, I feel that it took away my flat tummy forever!!!! After watching my daughter have her children normally, I am glad I had my two that way though!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i just had a csection almost 3 months ago, and my body, oddly enough is better than before i went in, during my pregnancy i lost 40 pounds, and after my son was delivered, my doctors suctioned me for what seemed like ever. Granted, the bowel thing after I got home, i was not expecting to have pain during the movement, so for about 8 weeks, each time it would hurt. but then soon passed, my scar, well its pretty much non exsistent, its as thick as a piece of hair. Granted, never had a flat tummy anyway, so i didnt care, but wow, i feel great, I just feel bad for the ones that didnt have as great of an experience. Granted I paid my dues, with the whole gestational diabetes and insulin shots everyday, but that is now in the past.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Lost what flat tummy I had but nothing else wrong,my periods have always been out of whack anyway so cant really say anything.some womens bodies heal differently then others it may take a while longer to get back to normal or at least close to it.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 1:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008