What are good questions to ask when interviewing midwives?

Starting my 6th month and my midwife is switching to a different practice, different hospital. I'm going to meet one of the other midwives in her practice next week to see about having her deliver my baby so I can stay at the same hospital. I would like to go prepared with some questions to ask to find out her qualifications/credentials. Any ideas of what to ask? Opinions/thoughts on switching midwives?

shortmama83

Asked by shortmama83 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Questions to Ask a Midwife

(Note: A good midwife tries to work with a partner and/or assistants so that a double emergency where both the mother and baby need special care is not a ...
    www.womenshealth.org/a/midwife_list.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was going to answer you Q, but the above answer did it very well. I had a midwife, but didn't deliver at a hospital. There were only two midwives in the birth center, but many birth assistance. I would rather switch midwives then switch delivery location. Good luck.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2008