Does my baby hate me?

I recently started back to work and my 2 month old doesn't seem to care. I work 12 hour shifts and I expected him to at least be happy when I go to get him. When I get there and pick him up all he does is cry. He smiles and laughs at my husband. Is it possible he doesn't like me?

ZachysMom8608

Asked by ZachysMom8608 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! I've thought the same thing about my son several times, but honestly maybe your baby is just a little confused. Give him time, he'll get the hang of you going to work and coming back and when he's a little older he'll probably even get super excited when you walk into a room!
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Of course your baby doesnt hate you. I dont know why he cries - but at 2 months he does not hate you - give it 16 years. lol
    Anonymous

• at that age your baby cannot possibly hate you no matter what. first of all he does not even understand the meaning of hate or even dislike, except for maybe food or the big world out there.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Trust me mamma your baby adores you! My son went to the babysitter when he was 4 months and he could have cared less if i was there or not. Well it seemed that way to me. He's two now and he didn't start running to me when I'd pick him up from places until a few months ago.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I felt the same way because my daughter would only laugh for mu husband, but now she is mad at him all the time. I think they go through stages.
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008