I'm sorry, but I agree!

I do think CM semi-ruined the Q&A section when they added the points thing. My first thought was that it made it like a game and questions and answers aren't games.

Then they added the crazy for credit section which encouraged pointless posts and replies. And honestly the people that truly have good answers just can't get as many points as people that "whore" themselves in the crazy for credit section (yes I did just call myself a whore!!! :O )

As far as flooding goes- yeah we probably did flood the recent question thing up for a bit. That's why we did it when CM is not so active. Plus we closed the questions quickly.

Anyway those are my two cents. I'm playing the crazy section while my husband finishes math homework. And also- because supposedly being a higher level will unlock certain "powers." And sometimes- CM gives out cool things to top participants.

I like free stuff :)

What are your thoughts?

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 4:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• Erica, I agree. Before they put in the crazy for credits, at least people were trying to think up decent questions. Now, I'll admit, I think the crazy for credits section is fun, I have participated myself, but at some point there should be a limit. With this section, people can level up much faster than before, get that anon capability back, and start trolling around... again. When the team was planning this new answers section that's what they were trying to eliminate. And yeah, it disappeared for awhile. But now that many are at or above level 16, the nastiness, meanness, and trolling have returned (and I saw a few yesterday that were just using the anon to bash other members for their personal choices). It's sad that grown women are attacking and bashing others for making a choice they disagree with personally without knowing the person or that person's situation. I almost want the anon to go away completely again.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree I was heading to bed until an idiot anon pissed me off.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The crazy for credits section is for people who want to earn more credits. People want to earn more credits to get to higher levels to get perks. That's how it works. I had fun racing to see how many best answer awards that I could give. It was a fun game and there were more people playing earlier tonight. There were also a lot of people playing last night. Last night was more fun because the haters didn't shadow it with their opinions. To the insomnia girl.... get help. To momo.... call a therapist if you hate the world that much. Really..... You only have one life to live and you need to live it. Don't hate! Society is getting worse and worse because of haters!

Have a good night and thanks for the fun Erica!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• They screwed up two things - the games totally invalidated the entire point of making you earn levels to unlock things like anon that they intended to be earned by "proving" you were responsible. Earning 1000 pts of extra credit a day to zip through the levels in games "proves" nothing. In addition to that, they added the downvote feature with no way to regulate it, knowing it would be abused, and so they had to turn off the penalties associated with it. In their attempt to cut down on reports and anon abuse, they instead created a whole new way to abuse people anonymously, and ironically, it's unlocked 5 levels before the anon feature, and unlocked faster than they ever intended thanks to the games.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• they don't give out anything, unless you call the option to answer anon FREE STUFF :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• who said i cared either way? at this point i am laughing at your defensive words. i keep checking back to this because it keeps getting weirder and weirder.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 5:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Here comes Miss get a backbone again...... Life is short Miss Anon and some people are dying young. Please call a therapist if you have issues and don't take it out on people here on cafemom. You never know what is going on in that person's life. Good luck Miss Anon.. I wish you well.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well I did get a $10 gift card once for being a top player on Latte Land...
    Erica_Smerica

Comment by Erica_Smerica (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I wish you the ability to earn outside friends
    and no, you get nothing, at least not yet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• One perk is to see the dean's list Erica. I'm happy to hear that you won $10 though! I had such a fun time winding down because of people like Erica that I would send out gift cards to people just for making life enjoyable!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:07 AM on Jul. 27, 2010