People say I will get use to it, but when!

My husband is a snoring monster at night and for the past 6 months I haven't gotten a good nights sleep unless he or I sleeps on the couch :/ Then it makes for a restless night b/c I don't have him next to me. Is it really true you just get use it to? We've been married for almost 3 years now...and I am still not used to it I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You do get used to it, to a point, but if it's really that bad you should have him see a doctor. If it's sleep apnea, that can be dangerous.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't know about a person of his age, but my little brother had his adnoids removed and he stopped snoring right away :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my boyfriend snores. what have you tried? i know some positions can sometimes cure the problem. i have gotten woken up by it and told him to turn over and then he is fine.

i agree with notpanicking though. in case it has something behind it i would have him see a doctor. :\
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 5:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree with NP.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My DH used to snore. It would wake me up almost every night. I got tired of waking him up and telling him to roll over. I had him see a doc and he had sleep apnea. He now wears a cpap machine. Now we both sleep better.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Mines have the same problem when he gets his machine everything will sound much better.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh no,,,I'm sorry you are going through this....Shamefully, I'm the snorer in my marriage...my dh, bless his heart puts up with it....he says it's okay if he falls asleep first, but if I fall asleep first, my snoring can affect his ability to fall asleep....so I usually just wait until he falls asleep...(thank heavens for Cafe Mom....gives me a reason to stay up late with all you mamas!)
    kellysp6637

Answer by kellysp6637 at 6:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sorry you're going through this and he should definitely see the sleep clinic. They have aids to help. Unfortunately, I'm the snorer and changing positions helps for me.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have NEVER gotten used to it. lol! DH snores all winter long and I kick him all winter long.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my mom never got use to my dad snoring
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 7:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010