Does anyone else feel this way?

I find it a bit frustrating that I have to take extra precautions and sugar coat my responses in order for people to not jump to the conclusion that I am being rude or hateful. For example, a person asks if they could be pregnant and I tell them to buy a pregnancy test because nobody on CafeMom can tell you if you are pregnant and people call me rude. However, if I were to say "NO OFFENSE AND I AM NOT BEING RUDE but it would be best just to buy a pregnancy test or see a doctor because CafeMom members can't tell whether or not you are pregnant...NO OFFENSE!! :-)" and everyone AGREES with my answer. Does this ever bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• How anyone takes any typed words on a screen or as being rude is beyone me. But your right. Buy a HPT, see a Dr or go to the planned parenting clinic and get a free test. Like were Dr's here or something? Scares the hell out of me some of these people are actually raising kids and have NO clue a 102 temp is a bad thing for a newborn.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• BTW....That was just an EXAMPLE.
    Anonymous

• yep i totally agree and your right cafemom cant tell you that your prego! lol
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I get that all the time. I have a tendacy to NOT sugar-coat anything (maybe it's a bad habit) and people just don't know how to take it. I think a lot of people come on message boards (not just this one) just looking for attention and want some one to tell them what they want to hear.
    A lot of people want to ask questions but get offended when they hear someone else's opinions.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Personally, I don't worry about it. I say what I have to say, and don't bother with anyone who chooses to take offense where there was none meant. The internet is a funny thing...without facial expressions, hand gestures, and intonations...all of whichare a part of any face to face communication..it is sometimes hard to tell how a person means something. And I swear to GOD some people actually look for ways to misconstrue what you say....which is exactly why I ignore anyone who flips out over it ;)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Hell with them! We are here to be ourselves right?
    jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 4:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• does not bother me, why would anyone in cyberspace bother you? after you logoff you are still the same person you were before you logged on. nobody in cyberspace can bother you unless you let them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree that some of the questions asked here are just plain scary. But I try to tell myself that perhaps they are new moms with no outside support and parenting is a learning process. The medical questions are the worst. Call a dang doctor! Why take the advice of strangers? However having said that some women on cafemom need to keep in mind that rude and interesting are not the same thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am one of those that would rather be honest, I don't believe in sugar coating things. I have pissed people off and will probably do it again.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008