How are you saving on back to school clothes? How much is your budget per kid?

tips and places to shop? Types of clthes that you would be getting? I am trying my best to steer clear of cute stuffs that are flimsy and go for clothes that would last. But everytime I shop online, I am so drawn to those pretty clothes that I know are so much work to maintain.

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 6:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in

• I don't really set a budget for each kid...I have one child that's a sophmore in high school and goes to a vocational school and wears uniforms...so he will be wearing his uniforms from last year as they are in perfect condition (they are professional grade black dickies) and I outfitted him well last year so he has sooooo many uniforms.

My daughter will be in first grade and has tons of clothes....so I will pick up some odds and ends here and there...but she is very picky so I just let her enjoy wearing what she likes ....

I figure I'll probably spend $200....no need to spend money when they already have so much, you know?
    kellysp6637

Answer by kellysp6637 at 6:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Where do u shop online?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I like shopping at Sears, as their clothes last and last. Fortunately, I don't have to bother since their Dad buys their school clothes.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don;t really buy "back to school" clothes formy boys...I just replace those pieces that are worn out or hopelessly stained. I buy clothes and accessories throughout the year, when they're on sale.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• consignment and hand-me-downs. The only thing he ever gets new is jeans because Sears has the guarantee and he needs it! he does get to pick one new shirt for the first day of school. I don't really do a ton of back to school shopping since they start when it's still hot he doesn't really need anything new until closer to October.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't really have a budget for my daughter. I buy throughout the summer when I see things on sale. I try to buy on clearance as much as I can. and usually buy plain color shirts and she decorates them herself with iron ons. It saves me a lot of money since I buy the iron ons when I see them on clearance and can usually get shirts in childrens place or target for really cheap. and she likes to wear them more because she made them herself. plus she is still wearing the same size as last year so all the new pants I got her towards the end of the year still fit and will be perfect for this year.
    nscr24x17x3

Answer by nscr24x17x3 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My son has to wear uniforms, So, I can hit Wal-Mart and buy 6 Polo shirts(2 of each color) and 2 khaki pants and 2 navy pants. Then, I am done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i have only one child so i really don't have a budget for his school clothes. i buy what he needs throughout the year and summer.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I dont realy have an amount per kid I spend, I just get what they need. I shop through the summer and get things as they are on sale, sometimes even if they arnt' on sale! lol.
    As for types. I got dd 5 pairs of jeans, several shirts, that can mix and match, and 3 outfits that are a skirt/legging/shirt/sweater so they are 4 peice outfits, but the shirts can also match the jeans she has, so all of it is mix and matchable realy. Then she got a couple pairs of shoes, (inside shoes, everyday shoes, dress shoes, and a pair that I had to have to match something,lol) I am still on the hunt for a nice fall/winter jacket for her, and some rain boots, maybe some dressy boots as well.
    For DS, boys are easy, pretty much everything matches! I got him lots of jeans, pants, shirts and t shirts, as he gets hot easily and in kindergarten sleeves just get dirty.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We don't back-to-school shop, we only replace what is absolutely needed.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010