How did your VP candidate measure up?

I have to say, first off, that have not yet decided if I will vote for McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden. I have been an Independent since day one, and my opinions are still fairly unbias when it comes to Palin and Biden.

After watching the debate, I have my ideas of the strengths and weaknesses of both VP potentials (and I even have a score card!)(continued in post)

MamaLion82007

Asked by MamaLion82007 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Palin: Stronger speaker than I thought when faced with her opponent directly (though I have to admit, the media set that bar fairly low). She seemed to gain confidence as the debate went on. However, I was unimpressed with the way she consistently veered from the question at hand. I think once the fact check comes out, she'll take a few more hits. I also think she was more campaigning than debating.

Biden: The man went right for the throat. Very pointed and concise. I think he was trying to be conscious of not sounding sexist or bullying. I also think he'll take a hit when the fact check comes out.

What do you think?
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think that this is the way this question is SUPPOSED to be asked!!! BRAVO!! You didn't chastise or say hateful things and for the most part you were unbiased and didn't provoke a hateful and dramatic response...once again, CHEERS!!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thanks! ...I really am curious as to how people honestly weigh their candidate. Passion can be good, but when it isn't backed up by logic... it gets a little dangerous. I want some in depth perceptions, not "He/She's AWESOME!"
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I do not voice my opinions about my voting preference. If you ever wonder why I don't, just review all of the drama that it causes on these CafeMom forums. Arguing and name calling gets NO point across.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would like to see this question in the Top Questions instead of those petty "my candidate is better because yours is stupid" posts.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I find it interesting, now, that the three heated threads posted since the debate started have 3 pages of responses, while mine just has you and me....

Wow.. Should that bother me as much as it does?
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was happy with Biden's performance. He was more concise than usual and kept his cool. He was well-versed and showed his depth of knowledge. Biden tripped over some facts, I think, but that happens.

While I don't support her, I thought Palin did better than I expected her to do. I think she came off as being too folksy, which is a turn-off for me. That's great for my friends, not my VP. I would have liked to see her use her notes less. She seemed more at ease and confident when she wasn't rifling through them.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 11:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• "Wow.. Should that bother me as much as it does?"

It sure as hell would bother me...it's a bit disappointing that the majority of CafeMom members seem to thrive on negative attention and over dramatic arguments. I guess men DO have a point when they call women "over-dramatic" and "gossipy". I didn't think that it was true until I joined CafeMom and saw it for myself.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• " I guess men DO have a point when they call women "over-dramatic" and "gossipy""

Ha! I could have told you that after my first year in a sorority.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Everybody likes a bit of "healthy" debate every once in a while.....that is why those posts are filled. I am not supporting name calling or bashing or whatever, just debate from different opinions is fun sometimes. Nothing to be too upset over. I wouldnt call it gossipy or overdramatic in MOST cases either. Just debate :)
    Anonymous