OK If your racist against racist does that make you a racist?

No joke I'm seriously curious.
I get called a racist all of the time. Funny thing is I only hate racist people. Not particular groups. So it got me thinking if this is an oxy-moron.
So...
Can you be a racist against racists?
Can you be a bigot towards bigots?
Can you be intolerant towards the intolerant?
Now keep in mind I am not talking here about a white guy who hates all white guys and then hates a black guy who hates all white guys.
I'm talking about people who only act this way towards others who do.
What are your thoughts? Note I haven't yet been to sleep, so if you don't understand what I am trying to say just ask I'll reclarify.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• You can be hateful towards Racists but unless you hate them for their race you aren't racists... But, yes... I am very intolerant and hateful - towards intolerant bigots! But, here's the difference, I admit it! I see spreading hate against others based on gender, sexuality, race, religion or whatnot in the same light as I do rape and murder, because it takes the same level of depravity and anger IMO to kill someone or rape someone as it does to hate them just because of who they are... While hate maynot (generally) cause physical harm, but it does just as much damage on other levels! SO, yes, I think you can be intolerant against intolerance or hateful towards hate, but there are somethings you simply can't be okay with and still be a decent person... I wouldn't stand up and say, "He killed people, but it's no big deal" so why would I be okay with hate or those who spread it? I couldn't live with me, if I did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It only makes you a racist if you believe that only one race can be and is racist.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 7:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• racism comes from ignorance & lack of knowledge.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't see it as being racist to racist people, I just disagree to their racism and be angry with them when they act racist.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Racism is when people hate other people for being a particular race. If you hate racist people, you are hating random people because of thir beliefs, not because they are black, white, Jewish.... etc.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Thats a very good question.. I don't think it makes you racist against racists.. I think it makes you smarter! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• This question is very whitty. I think you do not care for the ignorance of it all and that is good.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:12 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Ususally a racist or a bigot will start off with the words....."I am not a racist BUT"..... How many times do we hear something along that lines. "I don't have anything against homosexuals but..."
    As long as you don't hate them because of their race, gender, sexual orientation then you are not racist or a bigot.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No. If that were the case, EVERYONE would be racist. If you are racist, you're racist, if you dislike racism, you're racist, lol. I guess in that sense we all truly would have something in common, lol. But, no...that's not how it works.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Your question made me LOL!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010