What kind of flea control do you use on your dog? Are you happy with it?

We just switched from Frontline it was NOT working!! We are now using Comfortise and MUCH MUCH happier. It's easier, natural and it really does work. It's expensive though. What do you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pets

• confortis...It's a monthly pill---works much better and we don't have to worry about giving them baths and washing off the topical product. I also like that I don't have to keep the dog away from everything while the topicals dry...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 7:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• unfortunetly all of the ones that are safe and actually work are pricey I don't buy anything from the pet store because that stuff as killed to many animals.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Frontline
    mecontumacious

Answer by mecontumacious at 10:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Frontline. it has worked great for us.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Frontline- and it works great
    ricanmom4

Answer by ricanmom4 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I use Advantix on both my dogs and cats. The one time I used Frontline, I had more problems then enough trying to get rid of the fleas. This year I forgot to dose 2 of my dogs, and had dosed a stray that I had a couple days before taking them out on a long hike. When we got home my 2 had ticks on them and the stray had nothing. Needless to say my guys got cleaned up, and dosed immediately that night. I will not ever forget to dose them again. I have not been finding that fleas have been anymore out of control than normal, however I have definitely been finding that ticks are crazy this year. I work in a grooming shop and just in May and June alone I came across 10 different dogs all with some number of ticks on them.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 7:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I like Advantage. Works great!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 4:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I usually use Frontline but haven't been able to afford it this year. I give my babies baths in either Murphy's Oil Soap or liquid Irish Spring. The Murphy's oil kills the fleas dead and it doesn't dry their skin out but it doesn't smell so good. The Irish Spring works pretty good too and smells really good.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 11:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Frontline has worked for us pretty well so far. This is a bad summer for fleas. Everyone on our street has fleas in the yard and of course, this is the summer we decided to try a grocery store brand of flea-control. Totally useless.

So yesterday, I bathed the dog with flea shampoo, put the Frontline on him and vacuumed the entire house. Hopefully that'll get rid of the little buggers!
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 8:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010