I know that Monday is the day for Family Home Evening, but.....

So I have been trying really hard to have Family Home Evening, but Mondays are just a really big day for me, so I was wondering, is it ok if I pick a different day throughout the week, or would Heavenly Father view that as an excuse??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah. For us Mondays just do not work sometimes. So we will move it to whenever. I think the bigger point is to take one night out of your week and have Family time. Teach a lesson, have snacks, and play games. No interuptions, no fights, just quality family time.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have never heard Monday as being a family home evening. Just out of curiosity, what religion is this?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:25 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• That is a day that has basically become the "it" day but it isnt a law that it must be that day.

Choose whatever day works best for your family dynamics. The day of the week isnt important, its being together and doing family things that is the important part.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We do it any day of the week.........
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I've never heard of family home meeting on Mondays. What is the purpose of it? Can you share more about your religion?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have never heard of this. We think of Sunday as a family day usually, however I think you should pick what ever day works best for you. My dh works a lot of weekends so often just do things together on odd days during the week.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't follow this religion, but for those who follow the Latter Day Saints denomination, it's one evening per week, that families are encouraged to spend together in study, prayer and other wholesome activities. According to the LDS Church, the purpose of FHE is to help families strengthen their love for each other as well as provide an atmosphere where parents can teach their children principles of their religion .
    Any night of the week that you get your family together for this would be fine. There's nothing sacred about Mondays.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I know the Mormons have this day-not sure if it's Monday, might be...when we were in Utah it was so funny(wierd funny) to me when the basketball team was BEGGING people to bring the whole family to the game so they coulod still be doing their family time thing...they were afraid no one would show up!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it is always nice to have time together as a family with this busy fast pace life but it doesn't matter when you do it.
    allennole

Answer by allennole at 9:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Any night of the week is fine just pick on night everyones available and decide that you will have family time then! My family always used Sundays because it was the only night without sports and other activities going on
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2010