What do you guys think of joint facebook accounts?Corny?

I find it a bit lame to have the same account as ur SO. So many of my friends share an account with their SO and call it like Karen and Mike. What do you guys think, Am i being critical? Thats just privacy invading!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• It cuts out the drama in a relationship.. I know a couple that split up for a while & almost divorced, so when they got back together Joint Accounts it was!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't find anything wrong with it at all. I have nothing to hide & don't do anything "private" of facebook that should be hidden from him. My DH tried to have facebook, but gets overwhelmed with our the friend requests, posts & comments. Every Time he starts a page he gets irritated says "this is so stupid" and cancels his page. But, he does like checking in from time to tim to see what everyone is uo to. So, i told him that I'll leave my facebook open so that he can keep tabs with all our friends & family & he doesn't have to get freaked out about all the game requests, passed drinks & crap like that.

So, we do kind of share facebook. But it does not say "Phil & Chica". I don';t find it stupid at all. I think it's a great idea for couples. I know SO MANY couples who have gained tons of problems from facebook. Having a shared page is a good way to solve that.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The ony thing I find annoying is you don't always know who writes the status or who is making a comment (Unless they specify). I have the password to DH's and he has mine, so no secrets there. I would find it annoying for myself because DH has this rediculous need to find EVERYONE he ever met! He went to 2 different high schools(Both big) and thinks that no one on God's green Earth could ever forget him. I just like to have Family members, people I know now, and my graduating class, and some other people I knew from HS. I don't need to be-friend people I met once, LOL.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• DH and I use our accounts for different ways of networking, so we use separate accounts, but there's nothing wrong with joint accounts.
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 9:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it's a little corny, but it doesn't bother me. People have their reasons for doing things the way they do them.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I know a lot of people that have done that, and it doesn't bother me. My dh and I both have our own, but then again, we see each others a lot, so there isn't any big secrets or anything.

I don't really think it's an invasion of privacy though, because they're willingly sharing it with each other (sort of like it's not "stealing a bite" of someone's dessert if you order one to split, kwim?...).

Whether it's corny or not, I guess that really depends on the person - I don't think much about it one way or the other.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh, I guess I should add, the people who have a shared account that I know all do post who it is that's saying what.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My husband and I have separate accounts, just as we have our own friends, etc. It would be near impossible to share an account with him because our interests are so different.

I think its a bit codependent and a little clingy yeah...
    KristysBoys

Answer by KristysBoys at 10:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My Aunt/Uncle do it because they're not computer savy. They also don't get on a lot, so they cut down the time of switching accounts by just using the same one.

My sister's inlaws do it as well. What's the point in having the same account if you're going to be getting on at the same time and answer the same people?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• What is so wrong with a joint account? Do you want to hide things from "UR SO?"
    "Your significant other" , in actual words...you know, the English language that they tried to teach you in school. Sheeeesh.
    Anonymous