How do I deal with a mother-in-law that is mentally psychotic, all the while I'm pregnant?

She threatens everyone, even those she doesn't even know. She has some sort of a God complex. She is a danger to herself and to others. She has attacked my husband, (her son) more than once, then claims that he tried to beat her up. She uses people, and tries to get money out of everyone. She is a nightmare. Should I get a restraining order?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• Being pregnant it would be best to just stay away from her and not be around her as much as possible. If you have to be with her for some reason, always have another person with you. If she doesn't leave you alone then yes a restraining order is an option.. you must protect yourself and your unborn child first!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 6:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• If she is a danger to herself and others ...call the police. Get it on video...have her committed..if she is a danger and you have evidence. This should be handled by her son...not you! You are pregnant and do not need to be in this danger or under this amount of stress. He needs to take care of this. If he will not ...do not allow her around you or your family. Yikes!! I thought I had it bad with mine...i feel sorry for you!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Stay away from her for now and see how you are after you have the baby. Absolutely, if you feel in danger, do what you have to do. Your husband is the one who needs to take care of this, his mother. He needs to protect you and your children from any mental, emotional, or physical abuse. Discuss it with him and come up with a plan that you are comfortable with. Sounds like she needs help but that isn't priority for you right now.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2008