im so scared and anxiouse at the same time

im 33 weeks pregnant and im staying scared and anxiouse at the sametime everynight i have labor dreams and always they end in me being alone when the baby is born the dr dont even make it in time. i try to relax and not stress but its hard. what can i do to know think about any of this? sometimes i get so anxiouse and scared that i start getting weird feelings and thik im going into labor. also my pulse is always beating so fast. what can i do? this is my 1st pregnancy if u cant tell. im just so ready to see my son. help im so tired of feeling like this

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doc if there is something you can do naturally to help the anxiety b4 bed - maybe a special tea like camimille or somethig - ask ur doc though b4 u do anything with herbs. some are really NOT safe for preg's. Somethings you could do safely though is breathing exercises. Have you taken a lamaze or other new momyto be class? trythose in your area. Lots of hosp's offer them for free or next to nothing. My class I took w/ my 1st son was only $10.00. That way you can share this anxiety w/ other 1st time moms due the same time as you - Good Luck !
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• First of all I was scared shitless my first pregnancy. I went in for my final ultrasound (I had low fluid so i got them once a month til he was born) and he said I want to admit you so we can induce your labor. That was scary cuz I didn't even have my bag packed my origanal hospital was full. But it worked out better than I could have ever imagined. Now I'm pregnant with my secound and I think I'm more scared than the first, lol. Even in your wildest dreams you can't imagine how it will turn out. No matter what plan you've made things are going to just happen. Don't stress though because it's not good for you or the baby. Chances are you'll be fine. Make sure you have a good support group with you. Don't forget: your the one in labor, you call the shots, and don't be affraid to ask questions or ask for things to make yourself comfortable. It's all about YOU!
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• it's the whole worrying about the well being of your child, wanting to protect and provide.. it's totally normal! i went thru that with both my kids! bright side? it'll ease up a bit when you aren't raging with prego hormones! :)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• sound like you're having anxiety attacks. when your pulse goes way up, try putting the fan in your face..i have really bad anxiety and thats what works with me. also, just try to think positive. i was the same way with my first pregnancy. don't worry! everything WILL come into play at the right times! after you have your baby, you'll understand all the advice we other moms gave you. good luck! and breathe!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008