Do you get annoyed with your Facebook friends?

This has always been the case, but it seems as though I've gotten into trouble with Facebook lately. I've noticed that I get annoyed with DH's extended family who are always on there, and a lot of them cause drama.

I'm pretty much "friends" with all of his relatives, and now I don't know how to unfriend them now without causing more drama. I try not to get sucked in to their drama, but they message me, complain to my MIL, his cousins, etc. to make me look bad, so how do I get rid of them on FB? These people live in our town, too, and we have to see them at my child's birthday party in two weeks!

I want to be FB friends with people who are positive and I post pics of my family, including my child, so that family members who don't get to see him regularly can see him and us grow.

How would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Change your privacy settings so they can only see what you want them to see. You can make the setting as strict as you like. No need to unfreind them at all. Just don't answer the messages and when asked just tell then you don't get on FB that much anymore. Never have your chat box set for online. And just stay out of the drama, don't respond to it, rise above it.

I have four different privacy settings on my FB. One is labeled Family just because of this issue.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If you do want to un-friend them,go to your friends list,go to the person you want to ax,and click the X on the far right

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You can either change your privacy settings so no one can find you, ex them off and just say you got ride of your FB account. Or you can ex them off and then block them, they won't be able to find your account and you can just say you deleted your account then too.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I closed my facebook account.
    komby

Answer by komby at 9:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would just block them. I only accepted one of my inlaws. My husband ended up deleting and blocking his brothers wife, she is so 2 faced.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I can understand you wanting to keep the peace but it's your FB account! Do whatever you want with it. If you dont want them on there, remove them. If they ask you why tell them you are living drama free :)
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010