do ur breast have to swell or get sore b4 labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No they don't have to. The reason they do is because of Oxytocin. Oxytocin, and the synthetic version Pitocin, is the hormone responsible for starting labor contractions. It is also responsible for stimulating milk production so you can feed that baby once it is born. However how much of the hormone is produced by any given woman at any given time varies.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• no they don't have to mine didn't with 2 deliveries. My boobs although didn't even hurt when I found out I was pregantn with both the only time they hurt was after I had the babies and they had got engorged
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Two pregnancies and two natural, unmedicated, intervention free births here and not once did my breasts swell and hurt before delivery. They did get bigger slowly throughout pregnancy and then after due to the milk.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Mine never did.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No. Mine didn't and my milk came in fast, around 20 hours after delivery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Mine didn't- but the day after delivery-- wow wow, every single time I could put Pam Anderson to shame.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010