14 mnth old..not talking?

my 14 month old son is not really talking and im not sure if i can be concerned.. he says mama dada hi and yiayia ( the greek word for grandmother) but i know from my older son who will be 3 he should be saying more than that.. is it something i should be concerned about?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Very normal. You need to understand too that boys develop later than girls. Girls almost always talk way before boys do. My friend Mary's son was not saying a word at 24 months. BUT, now that he is almost 3 you can have complete conversations with him. They're all different, i really would not worry about it at all. Also, 14 months is still too young to be asking this. If you said 28 months, then i say do speech therapy.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Some kids talk early , some later. He is saying some words. I take care of a 15 month old who says only 3 words but has many jestures and can make his needs known. All kids are different. Have you run this by his pediatrician? GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't think you have anything to worry about. My daughter is 20 months and she hardly talks, she talks in her own little language as long as they can say a certain amount of words you should be fine. Plus there is a huge difference from 1 yr 2 months and 3 years old
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2010