Mission Accomplished?!

So, according to VP Biden, the reason for Obama's planned month's worth of upcoming vacations, and hitting the talk-show circuit, is because "the heavy lifting is over," so now they need to get back out there and get on the campaign/fundraising trail!?

He goes on to say that he and Obama have "stabilized the financial system" and have "avoided an economic meltdown" since signing the latest financial reform bill?!

Biden also thinks it's a good thing that there are “3 million [more] Americans working today than there were before we took office." I guess the 15 million NOT working, is of no concern!

Really?! So do you agree it's "party time" now?! Has their "mission" been "accomplished?!" LOL

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/110535-biden-the-heavy-lifting-is-over

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "Stabilized the economy"? "Avoided an economic meltdown"!!! Are you kidding???... OK... Wake up, Biden! You're dreaming again...
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No, but to be completely honest, it's never really been about the people. It's all a blatant power grab and omitting the negative is a skill of all high level politicians. I have to give it to Biden though, he is entertaining.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The man is a babbling idiot.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It's party time now? It is time to hit the campaign/fund raising trail? I didn't know that PBO had ever stopped partying or campaigning!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well, I don't think it's something worthy of planning a month's worth of vacations. There's still work to do! What about the oil spill? What about the war? The economy is still shot. If people overseas kill a couple members of the Taliban, THEY don't get a month's worth of vacation, or anything even remotely close to that! Until our troops are home safe, I don't think he should be celebrating anything.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yea, maybe you'd like to elect Pawlenty to replace Obama. Then you will really see problems. Take a look at Minnesota's problems if you want to see people struggling. He seems to be intent on running for president. The good thing is he's leaving Minnesota!
    Answer by Anonymous 55 minutes
    ***********************************************
    I know!!! They would LOVE Pawlenty. Arghhh.....
    I truly hope he WON"T run....OMG. It would be a disaster for us. But...the conservatives would LOVE him, doncha know. You betcha.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Good for him :sarcasm:

Of course..the whole housing debacle the DEMS caused had not a thing to do with the economy troubles :Eye roll: Just a HUGE portion of it ya know
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Why is it when Dick Cheney says stuff about how things are he's a radical, evil, or I've even heard him called a war criminal. Joe Biden says something stupid and "oh it's Joe Biden". This is the next in line for the presidency for crying out loud! I don't care for our president but wish him no ill will. If, God forbid, something should happen to the President, Joe Biden will be our president. He's living in the land of lollipops and elves and we're okay with it? Dan Quayle was brutalized for misspelling a word but Biden is excused just for being himself. Something is wrong with this picture.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree stacymomof2. nobody bothers to learn that Ventura was a smart guy. ANd Governor Anderson in the 1970's...there was a huge surplus in MN when he was Gov. but we had what we needed. Great schools , for example.
    Holy moly.Pawlenty is almost as much of a ding bat as Michele Bachman and Palin.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010