how do i findout if he is in jail?

if my babys dad was in jail who could i call to find out? we're not in the same state. I don't wan tto call any o fhis family members, not that they would help me....
i've tried calling a couple of the jails but can't get a hold of a person to ask about an inmate....
would the child services division be able to find out easier??

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 9:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried looking online? I'd begin with checking the newspaper. Our newspaper has an online edition and shows names and mug shots of everyone arrested. If your newspaper doesn't do that then check to see if the state has an inmate site. It may only be for prison though. You can check the clerk of court's website for the arrest. It should state if he got bonded out. I'm surprised the jail didn't tell you if he was there though. Ask to speak with a supervisor if you call again.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• This doesn't belong in the "Adoption" section. You do not need to post the same question in 3-4 different categories. Most people look under "Recent Questions", which lists every question in every category. So just list in one at the most two.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Anonymous

• I just called the jail and gave his name and I was able to be told if he was or was not an inmate. Also, I went to the Court House and got copies of all his court records which are Public Knowledge. They chg $1.00 copy where I live, but he had so many they gave them to me free. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• go to corrections page where you think he's located and call
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010