if he is in jail....

if my babys dad was in jail who could i call to find out? we're not in the same state. I don't wan tto call any o fhis family members, not that they would help me....
i've tried calling a couple of the jails but can't get a hold of a person to ask about an inmate....
would the child services division be able to find out easier??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start with google; this is public information

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Do a search for inmate locater for the area that you live in and you should get a database application most need name and birth date.
    debyduz

Answer by debyduz at 10:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Those are both good answers as it is public record. I can't believe you can't get an answer from the jails. I have always heard that you can call the sheriffs dept. or jail to find out if they are holding a person as an inmate. If it's child-support related, I would think dept of social services could offer some help.
    sjbort

Answer by sjbort at 10:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You need to find a local website that locates inmates. They will have a picture and info online.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Call a bail bondsman in his area and act like you want to bail him out. I'm sure they can get that info pretty quicky lol!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• actually, if he is a county jail and not prison they won't give you that information. I would call with an emergency, tell them you need to get a message to him. They might slip up a let you know if they have him. Other than that, check with a local news paper.
    tjburcham

Answer by tjburcham at 11:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2010