Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

if he is in jail....

if my babys dad was in jail who could i call to find out? we're not in the same state. I don't wan tto call any o fhis family members, not that they would help me....
i've tried calling a couple of the jails but can't get a hold of a person to ask about an inmate....
would the child services division be able to find out easier??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (6)
  • Start with google; this is public information

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • Do a search for inmate locater for the area that you live in and you should get a database application most need name and birth date.

    Answer by debyduz at 10:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • Those are both good answers as it is public record. I can't believe you can't get an answer from the jails. I have always heard that you can call the sheriffs dept. or jail to find out if they are holding a person as an inmate. If it's child-support related, I would think dept of social services could offer some help.

    Answer by sjbort at 10:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • You need to find a local website that locates inmates. They will have a picture and info online.

    Answer by MKSers at 11:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • Call a bail bondsman in his area and act like you want to bail him out. I'm sure they can get that info pretty quicky lol!

    Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • actually, if he is a county jail and not prison they won't give you that information. I would call with an emergency, tell them you need to get a message to him. They might slip up a let you know if they have him. Other than that, check with a local news paper.

    Answer by tjburcham at 11:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.