want to run away when yur teenages drive u nuts????

when your 17 yr olds no everything and say o my god mom is that all u worry about... they know everything at that age and just dont want to do anything for anyone for a while .. sometimes cant stand it..

imaeeyoreluva

Asked by imaeeyoreluva at 9:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• dont stress.. remember being a teenager... its a hard time... i dont have any teenagers at the moment but i rem being a teen and its tough and remember as u get older u get smarter....dont run away ur kid(s) need u even if they make u nuts
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes, my daughter is 14 and swears she knows everything....

My part in helping her with everything has made a mad girl, I am working on being firm and letting her take fault in everything she does wrong, I will not stand up for her anymore until she gets on the ball.

I am packing my bags tonight, lol!!! JUST KIDDING> I love my daughter with all my heart and eventually she will get a hold on her attitude and stuff. At least I pray... Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think that when your teen is driving you nuts its just one more cry for help. They need you that much more to provide some discipline and guidance. They are in a pretty confusing state and they need you to really dig in and stand up for yourself as a loving parent that won't be disrespected. They need to know your love is unconditional, but their rights are not if they choose to treat you like an idiot.
    Genigen

Answer by Genigen at 9:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• When they tell you that you don't know anything, remind them that you have known enough to provide for them their whole lives. Then remind them that you also have the power to take it away. It sounds like yours think that they have the world by the tail. Maybe you just need to remind them that you are still in control of almost everything they have, if not all of it. Disrespect is grounds for taking away some of the stuff. Dr. Laura Schlessinger suggests taking everything down to a mattress on the floor, 2 changes of clothes, and 3 meals a day. If your problem is serious enough to warrant it, start taking away the things you have provided for them. They will get the message--The person with the responsibility is also the person who has the power!!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Or toddler .. or baby .. or husband.. Yes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Nope, my house my rules, get out and pay for all your things while you still know everything if you don't like it here...this is not the Burger King..you can't have it your way! My teens may have their moments but they know who pays the bills and who rules the roost! I guess I am a mean mom lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010