My DD is 14 months and we want to have another baby

MY DD is 14 months and my hubby and I have decided it's time to start TTC. Many people in my family think it's too early to start trying since we are so "young". I'm 23 and my hubby is 28, I don't consider that really too young to have 2 children considering by that time we'll both be a year older. I'm a SAHM and my hubby has a good job. I have my bachelors degree and we own our home. What is your opionion? I know I know it's up to us, but I just thought I'd ask what other women thought .... should we wait or do you give us the green light haha?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am in the exact situation u are in.. or i was .. i had my first son at 22 .. when he was 13 mnths we tried again and got pregnant.. 2 yrs apart is a good age.. my 2nd son is now 14 mnths and we are trying for the 3rd...dont let othr ppl tell u when to have more kids..if u feel u can handle it and ur dh is on board go for it .. noone has to raise them but you... im also a sahm at 25 and its hard some days but i love it .. i so give u the green light!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it in your situation. As long as you can provide for the family fanancially, emotionally, and cover their physical needs (Diapers, baths, etc) then go for it. If you two are ready then do what you have to, to have that second baby. There's always going to be someone who things negatively of a choice you make, but you have to do what's right for your family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• This is a deeply personal decision to be made between you and your husband.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would say that if you are physically and fianacally stable then go ahead. My two youngest are 12 months apart and they grew up together and are like best friends. I say when your ready and ur hubby is ready then go for it :)
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 10:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes it's up to you and DH. I was 20 when my first was born and DH was 22(almost 23) and 21 months later we had our 2nd DD. GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No one can tell you when to have your children. That's a decision between you and DH. But yes, 23 is super young. I was 23 when I married. I'm now 34, looking back I can see what a baby I was at 23. You will be a totally different mom now at 23 than you will 5 years from now or 10 years from now.

I got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 10 months old and pregnant with my 3rd when my 2nd was 10 months old. Having children close together is insanely stressful. It's hard to deal with a squirmy toddler and a baby when going out. It's hard to deal with a crying toddler and a screaming baby when they aren't sleeping at night. I constantly feel torn between my children because they are all so young that they all really need a lot of my time and attention.

I think more so than coming down to your age it comes down to the age of your marriage. Having babies close together is so stressful on a marriage.
    Cont'd
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• cont'd
    Your marriage needs to be rock solid before adding that kind of stress. In the early years a marriage can feel solid because you still have the warm fuzzies for each other. But those fuzzies can fade fast when you have a crying baby and terrible toddler tantrums going at the same time. I think you'd all benefit much better as a family if you allowed your marriage to grow more before adding another child. We were married 8 years before we even had our first child. We now have a DD that will be 4 in a few weeks, a 2 yr old DS, and a 7 month old DD. It's crazy stressful, but we've been married for nearly 12 years. We know each other inside and out. We know that even when it gets too hectic for the romantic dinners or the lovey dovey kisses, that we will always be together because we've spent more than a decade building up our team that is our marriage.

Ultimately it's your decision. Just giving you words of wisdom.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I personally think that its your live and you ultimately deiced what you do with it. I graduated high school at 15 years old and had my degree a year later. Until I married and moved away with my military husband. We have been happily married 4 years and have two children and I am 21. Different people "grow up" at different times. If you are financially able to support two children I say go for it while you are still young and able to keep up with the children and actually be able to do things with them. My sisters and I are 12- 18months apart and I loved being close to my sisters. Plus if you start working on getting pregnant now its 9 months out your child will be almost 2. Close to, or already potty trained and will be able to walk and help with little things with the new baby
    Brittyt4you_

Answer by Brittyt4you_ at 10:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yeah it is up to you & your husband if you want another 1
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010