Are you aware of Teens Getting High on Digital Drugs- IDosing?

Are you aware that there is a trend of getting high on digital drugs, called IDosing?!

You can read more about it in the Moms with Teens group on Cafemom!

Momof5Teens67

Asked by Momof5Teens67 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Huh? Digital drugs?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I just read about it that is WILD! I don't believe it!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My girls are still toddlers, so I think it's safe to say that there will be much worse out there when they are teens, however, I have 2 little brothers ages 14 and 18. I'd like to know more about this.
    sjbort

Answer by sjbort at 10:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• what are digital drugs?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Here is a link to more info in the thread on this topic in the MOMS WITH TEENS group on CafeMom.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/101187/forums/read/11906495/Getting_Virtually_High_on_Digital_Drugs_IDosing
    Momof5Teens67

Comment by Momof5Teens67 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• okay so I bookmarked the site- am going to show DH when he gets home!-scary! mine are still preschoolers but still super scary!!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yeah, wow...I never had even heard of this. Thanks for sharing!

Isn't this more of a thing you could control with your teens? I mean it would be way more noticeable if they had these headphones, I would think. Opposed to normal drugs. While I don't think that them getting this type of "high" would be good for them, is there any proven negative side affects?

I remember a day when it was either an upper, a downer or a combination of both. Not sitting back, jammin out and getting high without taking something. My girls are ages 2 &3 and this really makes me wonder what will be out there when they are teenagers and young adults! TRUELY SCARY!!!
    sjbort

Answer by sjbort at 12:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• This is actually used quite often as a medical treatment for various types of mental disorders... and, like everything- not safe for everyone. However, for most people it is completely harmless... almost like being in a state of zen or meditation.`
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• WOW, the teens in my town are progressive to say the least!! A particular boy sent these links to my DD on AIM a year & a half ago when she was a freshman. My DD told us that she was listening to some "music that is supposed to be able to alter brain waves...make you feel good." Well, when we listened to one of them, we found that it was a 20 minutes long audio of a woman having an orgasm!!! She didn't know it when she was listening... the boy said to her, "You should lie down on the bed & be relaxed, it works better that way." We were freakin' PO'd and let her know in no uncertain terms that this guy was preying on her and we could bring this out into the open and call the school since he gave her some of the downloads at lunch, or delete it and AIM altogether. To this day, she has confirmed that this guy is creepy & stays far away. Honestly the crap that comes our child's way is unbelievable, and we live in a nice town!
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh, and it was rated on the site it came from as "for adults only...must be 18 to download".
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2010