How do you lose that baby bump that hasn't gone away for 8 months? I am tired of looking pregnant!

I am otherwise pretty slim, so the baby gut makes me look prego! I get so bored with sit-ups. Does anyone else know anything that specifically targets that area?

flnangl82

Asked by flnangl82 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have been waiting seventeen years for an answer to that question....
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You can do things other than sit ups. If you stand with weights in each hands then bend sideways lowering one arm toward your knee then go back to center. then repeat repeat repeat! that helps alot with love handles.
    Then for your lower stomach. Lay flat on your back. put your arms flat on the grown. Lift your feet 3inches off of the ground as you have your feet off the ground lift your head to look at your feet, hold as long as you can and repeat 3 or more time, only taking 30 second breaks in between each set. Good luck
    Brittyt4you_

Answer by Brittyt4you_ at 10:25 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Doing ab exercises will only build muscle that hides behind the fat. Without a ton of cardio to get rid of the belly fat, the muscle you build will never show. That being said, a lot of it has to do with your genes. If you're slim but still have a belly, you may not be able to get rid of it. I asked my OB this same question after having my 3rd baby. I workout regularly. She told me that the only way to lose my gut is with a tummy tuck.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010