My Family has gotten so distanced with me, I only see them occasionally

And sometimes its when they need something, And when I need a helping nobody is around. I'm the one always looking for them. Should I stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• That depends on how you feel about it. If you feel that you should be helping family, then you do it for yourself. If you feel that it's just "not fair!", then stop.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• this has happend to me with my family and after 5 years i have quit calling texting everything.....
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not sure about you but I stopped. I got tired of asking and getting attitude.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Family is family it is what it is. We can not pick and choose our family.

You have to decide what you want too do, is it hurting your life? Is it interfering in what you have to do to get a better future?

If it is bringing you down then keep your distance, you don't need anyone to bring you down. I love my family and am always there for them, but I won't take off my self especially if it will hurt me... If it were not for me getting in contact with them, I would probably never see some of them.
    Good luck!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think you should continue reaching out to them. You're being the bigger person, and may one day succeed at getting your family back together.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• What hurts is that I dont do it for anything in return, Yeah I'm complaining now but I think its not fair... That I can bend backwards for everyone and nobody can do the same for me. Me and my kids father always are having fights about this issues. He says that I'm always doing and noone can do me a favor once in a Blue Moon. He is the only one that I feel I have in this world and of course my kids. And its Crazy that he is not even blood family. It's scary to be alone out in this world, with no one to count on.
    phoenixjuelz

Answer by phoenixjuelz at 10:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No, never stop to reunite with family, life is never fair but you can show them the way to what a family unit should be, never give up on them!

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Thanks!
    phoenixjuelz

Answer by phoenixjuelz at 10:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would stay at a distance , thats where they put you and you might as well stay there. I have had this happen to me. And I give up. I try and it doesnt work, so If I dont mean enough to them , then stay put.
    blacksheep

Answer by blacksheep at 11:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would keep contact with them. I don't think I would over work myself to do it though. Do the general calling to say hi and catch up every once in a while. I wouldn't continue to give them everything they ask for (help wise) all the time. Or think of something they can do in return for you. When it comes to the point that no one is giving effort, I would completely back off. Don't help them all the time, that just gives them fuel that you'll be there when they want you and only when they want you! Good luck.
    unicornangel

Answer by unicornangel at 11:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2010