Global Warming

Do you beleive in Global Warming? I saw on our news the other night for our area back in 1939 the high was 118 degrees while it has been hot like that when I was a kid back in the 60's & 70's I remember temps being in the 104 range we haven't had anything near that high in over 2 years it's only been about 98 for the high in the last 2 years. I was wondering where does the Global warming supposed to be coming from if it was hotter that many years ago. Just curious

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Global warming is a misnomer. The earth, for it's entire existence, goes through warming and cooling cycles.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I believe in global warming. I do think the earth goes through it's own cycles, but I also think we are contributing to it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• They determined it from the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Even Al Gore doesn't call it Global Warming any more. It's climate change now.
    And no, it's not real.

If it was, do you think the people telling us how to live because of it would be using the amount of power in one month that most families use in a year?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have to agree that the earth goes through its own warming and cooling cycles.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I second lovinangels sentiments. It is climate change, not global warming. The earth has gone through these cycles forever. I'm not concerned about climate change as a major catastrophe, but I do believe we should still care for our earth because it is the place we live. I don't think we have the right to tell others how to live though and then base it on "global warming" or "climate change."
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Quote: "The earth, for it's entire existence, goes through warming and cooling cycles."

Ditto to that.
    Every 100,000 years the earth changes cycles from cool to warm or warm to cool. There's nothing we can do to stop it, nothing we can do to change it, there's nothing we can do to speed it up or slow it down. The Temprature hasn't changed more then two points in the last 30 years. PROVING that we're not headed for a land of water or a land of sand. Relax, folks.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I believe in global warming and global cooling. It's the earth's normal cycle. I do not believe that humans have a significant impact on those cycles.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I totally agree with Pnukey!!!! I don't believe in all the hype but there is something to the Earth's normal climate cycle.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I believe that the climate changes over time. If we could look at trends for thousands of years, this warming trend would not seem so alarming. I can remember 20-30 years ago when they were warning of a coming ice age!
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2010