I sometimes wish I was homeless...

I work at a bank Downtown and homeless people come in all the time to get a drink or go to the bathroom. I saw one today that was holding an interesting library book and walking leasurely down the road. Except for the food issues and possibly weather issues, I sometimes envy that total freedom from all obligations of society. What do you think?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The grass is never greener on the otherside..

Although the freedom is something everyone wishes for but I don't think they were saying that when they were doing what you were doing being homeless is a horrible feeling and a hard way to live, searching for food, no protection during the night or day might I add, and not being able to shower when you want too.

I don't wish being homeless on anyone especially my self.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• OMG, that is a wonderful movie, no one needs to go through that.

The Pursuit of Happiness, you actually appreciate what you have after seeing that...

Thank you God for all I have.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Pass......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think you would change your mind if you really were- also have you watched "The Pursuit of Happiness"? if not this would change your thinking also (it's based on a true story)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• They also have to worry about a huge lack of hygene which can lead to disease and death...
    Not my cup of tea..
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree with butterflyblue.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No thank you. Where do you think they go to the bathroom and get a drink after the bank and other businesses close?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• When I was younger my mom passed way and we lost our house. We were homeless and lived in the park until we were put into a homeless shelter. We were kicked out cause a weird man was looking at my sister and me and my dad hit him... I would rather have a job and a place to live then ever put my children through that hell
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• How about the health issues they have, the lack of places to sleep due to the numerous amount of people who are homeless. The shelters can only house soo many people, which means many have to sleep on the street. There are homeless on homeless fights for what they have, sometimes one ends up dying. There are numerous health issues that they deal with, due to lack of health care, lack of medicine, lack of proper nutrician. (sp?) They have to deal with the constantly changing weather, beg on the street, and constantly beg for food or shelter.

No, you don't wish to be homeless .. you wish to have no responsibility. Homeless people have a responsibility to stay alive, to stay safe, to stay dry and warm. They don't have a lack of responsibility because they have no job or no home. You're ignorant if you think it'd be a careless and free life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Okay everyone has great points. I guess I got this in my head a few years ago when I met a homeless man who seemed so happy and carefree. He was smiling to himself as he watched people hurry about their day barely noticing him. I sure did notice him though. The thought occuried to me of no house to clean, no lawn to mow, no bills, no alarm clock, no people calling me...just me and a park bench, a library book, and all day to do nothing...of course it'd be hell with kids but I am talking about homeless and single...I could deal with the no showers. I love to camp. It I heaven to me and I go showerfree for days. I guess it is just a thought.
    bjane01

Comment by bjane01 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010