what is the best way to loose the baby belly after a c-section

I had my c-section 3 weeks and I want to get rid of the belly!!!

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh my gosh, I remember how grossed out I was with my belly after my c-sec. I thought it would hang down forever!! I started doing some standing ab work after about 2 mo and ended up seeing a chiropractor a week later. He did not do any adjustments but told me that the hormones that make your joints loose take about 5 mo to stop. He also told me that the scar tissue needs to heal and clean itself up, so to do stretching type exercises. Well I got this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977091716/ref=oss_product and really loved it. Now I am 10 mo postpartum and doing regular hard workouts and only have a little pad of fat on my belly left, but otherwise it looks much better than I ever could have imagined at 3 weeks postpartum!! Good luck, have patience and you will get your body back :)
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• 3 weeks ago
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You might want to wait to exercise until the doc clears you. I didn't get the ok to work out until 6 weeks after my c-section.

Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Agreed Katt...You have to heal up first...3 weeks is really not enough time...I had complications and had to wait a loooonnnnggg time to exercise---- but you can start eating lighter and walking
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• start wearing a belly band NOW....all you can really do right now is suck in to tighten the muscles lol..Then when you can work out..but Wait..DO NOT RUSH please...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I started walking the day after we got home from the hospital, nothing crazy, just around the block and increasing it a little each day, and started running about 8 weeks PP. I had done Pilates before my pregnancy and until a few days before I had my son, but it took a good four months before I was able to do any core work after my c-section. Breastfeeding also helps you lose the belly by helping to shrink your uterus faster, and burning calories. I was at my pre-pregnancy weight by 9 months PP.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• oh I am not at all ready for any type of vigorous workouts quite yet... I am starting slowly. I have been doing a little in the pool to build my muscles back up and walking...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• After 4 kids and the last one being a c-section I am a little pessimistic when it come to thinking I will ever have a good looking body again = ( even a decent looking body is not in my visions...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010