I'm having trouble booking a hall for my daughter's first birthday

I was having fun planning it but now I'm just getting a headache. I don't know all the halls around here so I've been trying to look them up in a phone book or on google. I'm not really getting anywhere. Of the three I found one was very expensive, one had a very rude person in charge, and there was no answer. I guess I don't really have a question here. Just venting...

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Try searching wedding venues in your city...Could give you more places, most will rent for any ocassion.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Why not just have it at home or a local park?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Why a hall? Try a park. Or a hotel banquet room. Of a restaurant with a private room. We did Wesley's party at our house - 60 people in and out! We borrowed a tent and tables and chairs and had it catered. It wasn't too bad for money because we got to borrow the big things. Good luck! And try to have fun with it - you won't get a 1st b-day again!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• it's a first birthday - you don't really need a hall- and you don't even have to invite a crowd of people- it may over stimulate your LO anyways. anyhow if you don't want to have it at your home you can pick a restaurant of your choice or the park or something - for my oldest DD we did hers at a pizza place- HAD A BLAST!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Everyone has their own opion on how to celebrate a first birthday- I personally think a hall is overdoing it. Just have a picnic at the park with grandparents and the aunts and uncles. Your child is too young to know the difference between an expensive hall or someones house or the park. If you have a really large family maybe you could have it at your church for free.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My house is too small and it will be a little chilly to have it outdoors. I wanted to find a hall where I could bring my own food without having to have it catered. My family is so big which is why I need the space. Eveything else is fun except trying to find where to have it lol. I just called another place but they are not handicap accessible and we have two people in wheelchairs that would be coming.
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Do you have a local park district you could look into? Sometimes they will have indoor places that can be rented for parties, and for much cheaper too. I understand about the space thing. My whole family doesn't fit here either. I am lucky DD has a summer birthday, so it is always at the park. My son in May though, we'll see what I can do.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2010