when is the best time to start day care?

My son is almost 9 month and may have to start day care. When did your child start doing day care?

Doms_mama09

Asked by Doms_mama09 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to put my son in daycare at 15 months.. I don't know that there is a "best time" or age but we do what we have to.
    I started my son at a center care and he hated every minute of it from 15 months to just 2 weeks ago.. today he is 2 year and 8 months old and had his first day at an in home daycare with a preschool ciricullum and he did great!~~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My first one was 4 months and my second was 3 weeks or so.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• 11 weeks when I returned to work
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My oldest was about 6 weeks and my youngest was about 8 weeks.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't think there is a best time. I think there becomes a necessary time for some parents and a convenient time for some parents and then there are those that never need it at all. Mine were 9 months and 12 weeks respectively due to the situation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Makensey was 18 months (3.5) and Korrigan was 6 weeks (almost 5 months). Both have done really well. I am not so sure if Korrigan would have started so early if I did not work at the same center.
    Makenseysmom

Answer by Makenseysmom at 5:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Thank you for everyones comments. I don't feel like a bad mom now.
    Doms_mama09

Comment by Doms_mama09 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Hello! I am not going back to work for a long time to come. I am going back to school first but hubby and I both agree that the best time for us is when she can talk. I may end up just staying home until she is kindergarten even after I finish school though. However, not everyone can stay home with their children and can wait that long. It's different with everyone.
    denimarie105

Answer by denimarie105 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010