How good were them Bush years?

BAGHDAD – The U.S. Defense Department is unable to properly account for over 95 percent of $9.1 billion in Iraqi oil money tapped by the U.S. for rebuilding the war ravaged nation, according to an audit released Tuesday.

The audit found that shoddy record keeping by the Defense Department left the Pentagon unable to fully account for $8.7 billion it withdrew between 2004 and 2007 from a special fund set up by the U.N. Security Council. Of that amount, Pentagon "could not provide documentation to substantiate how it spent $2.6 billion."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_bi_ge/ml_iraq

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Any year there's not a Muslim Socialist in the White House is a good one.

Gee..........
    Answer by mustbeGRACE 25 minutes ago
    ***********************************************************
    Oh, she did it again. @@
    That IS a lie.
    You must be race-baiting, again. If not, you are just displaying your ignorace and prejudice.
    Our President is NOT a socialist or a Muslim and YOU are so in need of a brain.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• There are problems in every administration. I'd take the Bush years - either Bush - happily - over what we're experiencing now.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• So, Sweet, what do you think it means? Do you want us to believe Bush stole th money or he used it to bribe the Iraqis to keep fighting so more of our men and women will be killed?
    Our government is known for not being to organized at anything and that is what this shows. Of course it's not good but you just want to bash Bush again. It doesn't happen with just war and it didn't just happen with Bush. It is a DC thing not a Bush, Carter, Clinton or Obama thing,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Gertie--she was simply saying this is a GREAT year because we certainly don't have a Muslim socialist in the White House. We have a Christian Democrat (a liberal one, yes, but still a Christian Democrat).

Thanks Grace! Today we agree! LOL
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was overseas for 3/4 of the Bush years. I can say that I returned to an entirely different country.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The funds are separate from the $53 billion allocated by Congress for rebuilding Iraq.....In addition, it said no Defense Department organization was designated as the main body to oversee how the funds were accounted for or spent. "The breakdown in controls left the funds vulnerable to inappropriate uses and undetected loss," the report said....

The cut and paste job you did implied that the "Bush's fault" still continues. If you had the time to read the article, you find your posting is a great edit job. I think Bush did a much better job than our current pres. The biggest difference is that Bush had the money of George Soros against him and PBO has it working for him. Bush didn't use Alinsky tactics while the entire PBO machine does.

The audit did not indicate that investigators believed there were any instances of fraud involved in the spending of these funds.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sure he's not ask him about his buddies during college..and the prayer rug hidden in the closet. ;p
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Obama can't track where most of the stimulus money went and your still blaming everthing on Bush.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• and the prayer rug hidden in the closet. ;p
    _____________________
    Both of my kids have prayer rugs, called "sajada." So does my husband. They use them when they pray. So guess what...I have prayer rugs in my closet. So now what? Is that supposed to be some kind of slam, even if it's true? (Which I'm sure it is not.) What are you saying?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Bush years were pretty good for us :) Got married. Had 2 kids. Went from being on FS to owning our own home. As for all that up there...pretty sure you will find THAT stupid crap in EVERY admin for the last 60 yrs....does that make it right. No. Is Obama doing the SAME thing...you can bet your BUTT. :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2010