I am 32 weeks and I cant seem to stay cool and comfortable, especially at night...my husband and I are having thermostat wars, how do I explain to him that we can't keep the house at 75 degrees?

musictheatremom

Asked by musictheatremom at 5:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• thats a tough one! Our hormones are like on overdrive when we are pregnant. And men just don't get that.. menapause will be even worse...LOL... but still just keep going to hubby and explaining that you need to feel cooler, and that maybe he can just wrap up with a blanket.. tell him (nicely) that this is only temporary, this too shall pass! Good luck!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 6:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Trying to get a man to understand preggo hormones is like trying to get a giraffe to bend down...it takes some patience and some coaching.   LOL  Tell him over and over...how you feel. He will either understand and be compassionate. Or get tired of hearing you and give in. LOL Good Luck...stay cool!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Is it really 75 degrees? Since you are pregnant, I would hope he would accomodate you. If he won't find a nice bed somewhere else and put the temp exactly where you need it. My husband snores and I learned to cope. Hubby can use an extra blanket if he wants to stay with you in bed too. I don't think you should leave but if you don't want to lay it on the line and you won't resent the heck out of him, move on!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Perhaps a fan in the room blowing on you may help?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I sleep with a fan in my face. I also sleep either in panties only or nothing at all. Make sure your sheets are not the kind that draw heat.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 2:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I faced the same thing with my hubby. He wants it comfortable so he doesn't need covers (perfers it 80 during the summer) and i like it cold in the house so i can cuddle w/my blanket (perfer 70 but settles with 75). When i was pg i made sure i kept a personal fan on me and the ceiling fan going. I didn't sleep with a blanket and at times i just had a sheet. There were nights when i couldn't stand it and once he fell asleep i'd turn it down.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• thanks ladies for your support! we usually agree on most things, but he is trying to conserve energy and money, while i am more concerned with my physical well being. it wouldnt be an issue if i wasnt hugely pregnant! i will let him read your responses so maybe if he hears it from other women, he will get it :) you all rock!

xoxo
    musictheatremom

Answer by musictheatremom at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Hey get naked! Keep a cool wash cloth by, and tell the man to cover up. I say stay naked all the time. LOL, that will either drive him mad or lower the tempt. Open the window and let cool air in. At my house every one is cranky because it is so cold. If you want to come to Maryland I can build you a cold room. lol.
    Or better yet have him take you to Las Vegas to the Ice Bar! Good luck hon. I remember being due in Feb. Being stinking hot, opening up the car window and my husband wearing my fur coat. LOL, it was hysterical. Well to me. The hotter n' hell preg huge woman.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008