nuva ring/ yeast infection

before i got pregnant ive never had a yeast infection, ever. after i had my baby girl i started using nuva ring ive been getting yest infections every other week. can the nuva ring cause it???? has anyone else had these problems???

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 11:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Health

• make sure you treat ur hubby for it to... i guess you can pass it back and forth to each other.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• he hasnt had one either, ever
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• He may have a yeast infection, or at least be carrying the yeast without any symptoms and passing it back to you. If you have one, he needs to be treated as well, and most likely, you will stop getting them every other week.

Aside from that, I too am on the Nuva Ring, but i have not had a yeast infection since I was 18.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• When I was on the NuvaRing I had the same thing. I had never had a yeast infection before. It was before I was pregnant and I wasnt even really having sex at that point - but I kept just having awful yeast infections. I told my gyno about it and she said that the NuvaRing does not cause infections... from my experience I really think that it does.
    Anonymous