Would you encourge sex for your teen?

I have been reading and alot of mom encourge there teen to have sex... Does no one teach there children moral or values? I have two boys and I don't want my child out having sex because it feels good. That is just bull shit when I hear mom say, " I am not going to tell my kids not to do it cause it is unnatural and unhealthy" What kinda crap is that? Clearly a mom who wants to be a friend and not a parent. Come on people there are so many teen pregnancy because parents are behaving like friend. Put your damn foot down educate your children about it. Sex is for people who can handle the emotion and are ready.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 11:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I agree with you 110%
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• clappingVery well said hon! i will not be encouraging my son to have sex,in fact,I will be trying to prevent it! i don't want to be a grandma anytime soon!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i am not going too i think they could be doing but things than having sex and getting preggo i had sex young and i regret it so much i wish my mom would have told me to wait
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My mom never "educated" me.
    And when I asked for birth control she said no.
    So yeah I will be totally different with my girls.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I will not "encourage" my kids to have sex, but I am not going to pretend that it is not happening. I plan to teach my kids respect for themselves, their bodies, others and their bodies. I do not want my son to be screwing everything in sight and then blame it on hormones. I want him to understand that sex is a gift. It is the giving of yourself completely to another person and that it is not a gift that should be given without serious thought, pray and consideration 1st. IF you are just "lusting" then I am not okay with that
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I plan on following in my mom's footsteps. I wasn't having sex in high school and I had my son when I was mature and ready....and married!!!!!! My mom never pushed me one way or the other. She told me the consequences but if I had told her I wanted to start having sex knowing the consequences and wanted birth control, she wouldn't have hesitated to get me an appointment.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree as well!

I wouldn't encourage teen sex. I think that when a teen becomes pregnant they will loose their childhood, and also their early 20's. They'll loose their independence before they've even had it. That's something you can't get back.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Part of educating your child is informing them that, as teens, they are not ready for the consequences and emotional involvement that goes along with having sex. From a moral perspective, it's fornication. From a purely logical perspective, it comes along with the inherent risk of pregnancy and STDs.
    genabella

Answer by genabella at 11:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I sure won't be encouraging it. Every time I read or hear "they're going to do it anyway" I feel a little sick. Every parent I know who has said this does not parent, they are trying to be friends because they think making rules will push the teen away. We have a relative who acutally told us that enforcing a punishment for bad behavior would only result in the teen being defiant and running away from home so parents need to be softer. This same relative has a daughter who at 16 had at least three sexual partners in less than six months and countless pregnancy scares yet still the girl was allowed to drink, smoke, and run around until 2:00 a.m. with no indication from her parents any of this was wrong. I agree with you OP. What the hell happened to being a parent?
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't encourage it, but I expect that it will happen. I don't tell them "If you aren't having sex there is something wrong" but at the same time if they want to have sex I'm not going to stop them. I feel depriving yourself is unhealthy, not to mention, you only get the chance to enjoy this life once, depriving yourself is far from enjoying. I am instead teaching my children how to protect themselves and when it is right and wrong to have sex. I think many teens have sex because they feel pressured in to it or because their partner wants to rather than because THEY want to. I had lots of sex as a teen, I don't regret a single encounter, because I made the choice to do it - for me, never for them! I think that makes the difference... Also, I prefer that my child is able to have an open, honest relationship with me over feeling they have to hide... Encourage? No. Accept? Yes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2010