solid foods

my dd is 8 months old and ever since we have given her things like puffs and cheerios she does not really want to it baby food even if i have not given her any puffs or cheerios for the day and i know she is hungry. did anyone have this problem or know how to fix it

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies don't need baby food. Cut up small bites of whatever you are eating.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Once my daughter figured out how to feed herself finger foods, she stopped taking food from a spoon easily. So I just cut up what we're having into small bites and let her feed herself. Every now and then she will let me feed her something from a spoon, but she much prefers to feed herself. Depending on what it is, I can put food on a baby fork or spoon and give it to her to feed herself with. She doesn't mind that as much, though it can be really messy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You never have to give baby food or purees. Babyfood is expensive, dull, bad tasting and uninteresting. Give her normal table food -- fruits and veggies. I concur with the first two posters about giving soft and small pieces of food for self feeding, especially if she has a good pincer grip.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sure did. He was 7 months and did the same thing. Called my pedi and she said give him what he wants, so i started table foods :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I gave my son baby food for MAYBE a month- I would just cut small pieces of what I was eating and made sure he couldnt choke on it and gave that to him and he definitly enjoyed it more than baby food. They dont put salt or spices in baby food and a lot of times its really bland and they arent interested in it. Instead of giving a jar of carrots try canned carrots (they're soft and they're able to chew them). You can always get a small food proccessor and just blend food to make it smaller and able to be eaten (like spagetti ect)
    szeimetz

Answer by szeimetz at 1:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010