Slim Fast diet plan??

I'm due in around 13 weeks with my 2cd child. So i'm not able to do a diet plan yet. But doing research on some for when its time to lose the baby weight. My husband is currently trying the Slim Fast plan. I've never really done anything like that and was wondering if it's a waste of money? The meal bars, shakes, etc. And if anyone has had any success with it?

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 11:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i am doing 2 shakes a day and litlle snakes during the day and a good meal at night it has been like 2 weeks that i have been doing it and i feel good but i am just so hungry LOL so we will see good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• According to nutritional experts, there are healthful aspects to the Slim Fast meal plan, however, there are also several pitfalls. The good news is that the Slim Fast plan includes exercise and promotes drinking 6-8 cups of water daily, which are both important features in any weight loss plan. The Slim Fast regimen is easy to follow.

However, when you are following a calorie- restricted diet, it is very difficult to get all of the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are necessary for good health, so it is important to concentrate on consuming wholesome and nutritious foods during your sensible meal. Slim Fast shakes contain only added vitamins and minerals.

I can email you a link to a great list of foods, that you probably already eat daily that are the healthier version... well the link attachment will explain itself. If you'd like it... message me your email address and I'll send it within the hour. : D

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• When I actually stick to the plan it works great for me. The problem is that as soon as I go back to eating regularly I normally gain it all back. I lost about 12 lbs on it a few months ago and have been able to keep it off but I haven't lost anymore because I couldn't handle eating nothing but slim fast all day! I am actually planning on trying it again though because I have a month left to lose as much weight as possible before ttc in September. Good luck to you!
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I tried it once but it was not for me. I love to eat my food, not drink it so after a shake I just wanted to eat. Probably would have worked better if I was too busy to prepare meals, but I love to cook too, so it was too easy for me to just make more food and eat it.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The best diet plan:

use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

drink lots of water.
    have 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up in the morning with less than 10 grams of net carbs.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010