How to get musty and cat pee smell out of clothes?

I don't have that enzyme stuff and am broke right now so what home stuff can I use? I have tried Arm & Hammer laundry soap with vinegar and oxyclean... any other ideas? (its on my DH's hunting coats so I cant use bleach- he left them setting in the porch and a cat got to them.....) Thanks!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 11:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Did you just wash them or let them soak? I would soak them in the vinegar then wash. Soak them in the oxyclean and then wash. Soak them in the soap and then wash. In all honesty I wouldn't expect it to come out without some scent-a-way or something of that sort.

Out of curiosity, what is he hunting right now?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I just use regular laundry soap but put extra in and wash in all the way hot water and it comes out but......
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 11:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• he's not hunting anything right now he let them sit under stuff in the porch since last season deer - so ya they have been there a LONG LONG while!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'd wash with regular detergent and a cup of white vinegar.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If you have Lysol (brown bottle would be best) of any sort, soak/wash them first in that and than wash again normally. Mildew is hard to get out but Lysol generally does a pretty good job. Vinegar will take out most odors, but unless you use it almost straight (risking staining/bleaching) it won't kill the mildew or remove it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Baking Soda in with your Laundry Detergent. At least a 1/2 cup if not more or several repeated washings. Vinegar would help also. You can put the vinegar in as fabric softener.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Vinegar & baking soda....and then you could also wash in regular detergent
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Do a soak cycle with vinegar and then a few wash cycles and then put them in the sun to dry.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• vinger in the washer wrks
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have had good results with Borax and laundry detergent.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010