Do they make waterproof covers for futons?

If I get a futon for my 5 year old (she still wets the bed) do they make any really good waterproof covers for them?- she really floods!!!! I know they make a lot of good ones for regular mattresses but do they for futons?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 11:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get a plastic shower curtain for under her sheet.

higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 12:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I bet you can get one in that size~that on line potty training supply store~google it and on shop has bed coverings in tons of sizes. I got 3 different ones and they are not that old plastic that has a strong odor or noise to it~under a cloth mattress pad, they are unknown!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I had a bed wetting problem with one of my kids yet I cannot remember when it stopped, I used a shower curtain from the dollar tree they are cheep and disposable if you want it to be. I also used the disposable changing pads they use in the hospitals all underneath the sheet so his friends never saw. Sadly he never slept out on the rare occasion he did he never slept in fear he would have an accident. what it all boiled down to was he was jut a sound sleeper , So before I went to bed at night I would walk hm to the rest room have him go and stopped all drinks after 7 pm it helped a lot . I hope all this helps
    Robin
    SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 12:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• use a waterproof mattress cover for the futon and then cover it with a futon cover.. that ways if she does have an accident you only have to wash the cover and mattress protector.

My son has accidents every now and then.. we bought a vinyl mattress protector and covered that up with a sheet.. then whenever he wets the bed all we have to do is wash the sheet and wipe down the mattress cover.
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 11:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• btw... most futons are the same as a fullsize mattress... so that's the size you would get for it...some are queen sized though.. so becareful you get the right size if you get a mattress protector..
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 11:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Iw ould just buy a full size mattress cover and then put a sheet over it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My boys have bunk beds with a futon on the bottom. We use the regular plastic mattress cover with a regular mattress cover over the top so it doesn't feel like they're sleeping on plastic then a regular fitted sheet over the top. The full sheets tend to be a litte bit too big since a futon is not as deep as a mattress so I get twin sized tshirt sheets and they fit perfect. Good luck with your little one.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh, I forgot to mention, the plastic sheet should still be full sized. The twin only works in the tshirt style since it stretches.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010