Being a manager...

Ok I work in a resturant and I'm a night manager. I've been having a problem with the employees lately. I got the job bc dh's mom is the store manager and I really needed a job, so she gave it to me. But I work my ass off in that store. I jsut can't the other employees to listen to me. Like last night, I worked alone with another guy. and he did NOTHING at all to help me close in the kitchen. Not even as much as take out the trash. We ended up being there an hour what we were supposed to because I had to do it all by myself. Now my problem is when I do say something to one of them, then they run to the asst. manager complaining that I'm a bitch. I feel like I'm in a lose lose situation here. Put up with their crap and do it all myself... or try to make them work and get yelled at. Any ideas on what I can do? ( besides get another job lol i'm trying!!)

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why do you care if they call you a bitch. Just tell them to do their jobs or they will get written up and eventually fired.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• That my dear is all about being a manager I have to tell my only employee what to do all the time I am not going to do it all and if she doesn't like it she can find herself another job. You can't keep doing it yourself why they just stand there collecting the pay that isn't fair. I would tell them what to do and if you have any authority to write them up do it and so what if they call you a Bitch. Give them specific jobs to do and make sure you have other managaement behind you so when you walk out at the end of the night and it's not done then it's their butt in trouble not yours
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would tell them if they do not do their job than they will get written up. Keep documentation and have proof when the Ast Manager comes to you because they are complaining. Maybe make a list of 'duties' and show the Asst. Mgn what they do and dont do.Oh and start singing that song 'Im a bitch im a lover...' when they give you an attitude..

PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2010