Would you marry a 31 yr old virgin? adult content

My friend Ed joined a neo- Christian church when he was 16. Their guidelines for young folks are no physical contact between partners while "courting" except for hand holding. They are chaperoned on dates by the way.The church frowns upon dating from outside of church members. because of all this,my friend got to 31 years old before he married. He had zero sexual contact. Even masturbation is frowned upon,so he didn'teven have that,I assume. I'm wondering how they expect these couples to enjoy each other when they are blocked from any knowledge of what to do.I can see many honeymoon nights ending with,"uh,uh,oop! sorry!" I forsee alot of marriages being pushed between folks who have nothing in common besides the church because they don't get alone time to really talk.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Considering his beliefs, his virginity would be the last item on a long list of reasons I wouldn't marry him.
    nightshade3_99

Answer by nightshade3_99 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I married a 27 year old virgin! I was one too. Sex is not something you have to be taught. Besides, it is a lot of fun to figure things out together and learn how to please each other. There are no assumptions when you have never been with another person. It's great!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It really irks me that so many people think that being a virgin is a bad thing. HELLO PEOPLE---God intended for you to wait for your partner. I think it would be wonderful for someone to get a 31 year old Husband who had not been with anyone else.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My hubby and I married at 19/20. We were both virgins. We've had a lot of fun learning together ;-) and it only gets better and better and we have no one else to compare it to. Sooo, I don't really see a down side to the situation you mentioned.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was a virgin when I got married (not 31 though) and I wouldn't change that ever. Our honeymoon night was awesome! I think it's a natural thing that is easy to figure out. It's so cool to me being able to remember the day I lost my virginity as my honeymoon.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I personally don't think I would marry a 31 year old virgin.. Im experienced somewhat & would want my partner to have some experience too.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The whole idea is to keep these people in the church no matter what. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind letting a church take over their lives to such a degree like this. I would never marry anyone like this. These people don't know how to think critically or make their own decisions. They are blinded by the guilt of "original sin" to the point where they don't dare do anything that their church doesn't approve of. This is not Love... this is Fear and it has nothing to do with God. This reminds me of the whole Jim Jones suicide scandal years ago. Run Forest, Run!!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well, if I was still single and 30 I'd be thrilled to find someone who had also waited for me.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My DH was a 31 year old virgin the first time we had sex, I was a 23 year old virgin at the time. I love the fact that we have only ever been with each other. I made me him more attractive to me.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It is their life. If they wish to remain a virgin that long what is it for me to judge?
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 12:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010