Findind a job....

Is anyone out there having as difficult of a time finding a job as me? I have a BS in Biology and a BS in Psychology and I don't really want to move out of state but I can't seem to find ANYTHING...

shortleo

Asked by shortleo at 12:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I searched for close to a year for ANY work in Utah...got 4 interviews and no job (though I don't have any degrees or anything)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Have you tried monster.com? Seriously, my daughter filled it out and a recruiter called her about going through him to find a job in science. She did that and then actually found a full time job! Its hard to find something, even part time now. I quit my job to be a SAHM for 4 years and now no one wants me back. Wish I would never have quit.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I think the types of degrees we get make it harder to find a job. I got mine in English in 2001. I've had a very hard time finding jobs in my chosen field. I didn't have the right education for the local newspapers. PR agencies said I was under qualified for positions there. I had intended to be a writer, but that's a difficult field to break into and I needed to pay the bills. I ended up doing clerical jobs and inside sales. My husband and I started up a business last year, but i've already decided that if I ever have to go back to work full time I'm going to talk to a career counselor.  Maybe you might want to talk to one.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• GO ON CRAIGSLIST! IF NOT YOU CAN MAKE MONEY ONLINE, SORRY FOR THE CAPS I HAVE EYE PROBS.. CLICK HERE IF U WANT TO MAKE SUPPLEMENTAL INCOME.. ITS A NO BRAINER BUT SOMETHING ON THE SIDE..http://www.cashcrate.com/2149021
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 5:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010