I just heard Fox News say that Biden won the debate, but Palin helped her campaign more....

What does this mean to you?

Please, no frostiness. Try to be logical and not passionate. I know that's hard for alot of us (I'm guilty too)... but in the spirit of rational thinking, try!

MamaLion82007

Asked by MamaLion82007 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think she spoke very well tonight. I think after she bungled the Katie Couric interview, people were really expecting her to fall on her face, but she held it together and while I don't agree with her on much of anything, I do think she had a good debate tonight and got across the points she needed to. Biden answered a lot of the questions head on and pretty much stuck to the topics asked about. I think he gave more detailed answers and showed his experience. I actually enjoyed listening to her spea tonight, but it did not change my vote. She and McCain and I will never agree on the topics that are most important to me and my family.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Ellen Ratner
    Bureau Chief, Talk Radio News Service/FOX News Political Contributor

Gov. Palin was clearly prepared by sticking to her script and not answering direct questions. It will make her and Senator McCain’s base happy but I think that it will not move the middle. Most Americans are wise to avoiding answers. Senator Biden was smart, cool, very human and direct.

Call me an elitist but her use of folksy English drove me crazy. I think a potential Vice President should be a model with their speech.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Awww come one ny.chica...what's wrong with y'all and darn and shucks and bless my heart and all of that? LOL If she were running for PTA VP, she might of got my vote. I agree with you, she needed to sound more professional. Can you imagine her talking to Prime Ministers and Heads of State like that?
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with Elicia35...

Her attempts to endear herself to middle America bordered on patronizing. It sounded so phony. One minute she was saying "God Bless ya" to the audience. The next minute she was cold when Biden choked up about knowing how it felt to "not know if you child might not make it".

Palin was sickening. And she wants the VP to have more power. Frightening!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I admit, the woman is under tremendous pressure. God knows I couldn't tackle everything she's trying. That doesn't mean she has my vote, though. The way she combined the good ole homesy talk with political rhetoric reminded me of a roommate I had in college. You know the type: used alot of big words very often in an attempt to sound knowledgeable, then threw things at the TV when the Cubs didn't win (I, by the way, am a Sox fan).

Biden, on the contrary, reminded me of my high school principal. Pointed, clear in what he wanted and what he expected... but just a tad on the condescending side. That rubbed me the wrong way.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Did Fox News release a statement or was this coming from someone being interviewed on Fox News...there is a difference?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2008