Would you let your 13 yr old get her nails done...

My sister out law bitched because she didn't apply in time for the free school clothes and free supplies that's offered for low income families in this area...(her BF that she lives with makes $25 an hr- she is NOT low income) but now she's talking about getting her daughter's nails done for school..... would you get your daughter's nails done? If my girls were 13, there's no way unless they were in a wedding or something...

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Depending on what she means as done. I would let he get a manicure and some polish but not fake nails, she would have to wait till shes older for that.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sure.. I would. If I had the money of course. It's a fun mother/daughter thing to do. I see no harm in it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes, that a fashion statement that is safe. If kids are allowed to make such simple fashion statements it's possible they will stay away from things more permanent like tattoos that they may regret when they get older. It's also been shown that they may not rebel by drinking or doing drugs if they have control over something in their life so yes, hair, nails and clothes are a safe way to express themselves at that age

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• For school< NO for fun in the summer or Bday YES
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i remember when i was that age and i had mine done....and my neices are 9 and 11 and they can get theirs done too.. i dont think its a bad idea...
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• no,I don't see the point,and its promoting her to be vain IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I do occasionally let DD get her nails done at a nail place, but it is only $5 and we aren't complaining about our low income. Most of the time we just do them here. DH is really good at polishing her nails.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes i would, i got my done every 2 weeks and when my daughter is 14 or so i will take her, it will be a nice mother and dughter thing!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• oh and i for got to say they would have to be really short like mine lol no hooker nails
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes. I don't see any good reason not to. If she wants to get her nails done, die her hair blue or even shave her head... I'm all for it. Who does it hurt? Nails come off, paint is removable, hair grows out... I see no issue with this stuff... Don't know why anyone would.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010