Bush follow up Question... So, you think Obama is a bad President?

OK so there was a lot of nothing in the answers my Bush question. I asked for personal stories and maybe I got 2 out of 50 or so bash answers. Kinda says to me that hate is the reason many people think Bush was a bad President. No one had a story that substantiated the claim that Bush was a bad President. Bush was not your man and thats it. He didn't do what you think your guy would have done. He didn't further your agenda for America.

So lets try Obama. I see people out of work everywhere and very little being done. A lot has changed since the Bush years. Do you have any personal stories that show Obama isn't all he was cracked up to be?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I paid taxes on a 401K that had to be cashed in for medical bills in 2007. In 2010, I got an additional $6,000 tax bill on that money. The reason, retroactive tax increase after PBO took office. When my state got wind of it, I had an addition $1,500 tax to them. So, the $18,000 I cashed in for medical bills with a 10% penalty and tax tuned into about a 59% tax on that money. I tried to argue the taxes were paid with the filing of the 2007 taxes. That didn't matter. It was RETROACTIVE. Thank you PBO for not taxing the middle class.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The fact that the high quality health insurance I currently have is going to disappear because of the tax on cadillac plans. The fact once the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire all our take home pay will diminish. That will directly afffect me and my family.

My oldest daughter graduates this year and wants to go to Cosmetology school. Hair Salons typically rent booths to stylists and do not offer benefits. Should she choose not to pay for her own we will be required to do so unless we want to throw her out. (up until age 26 right?)
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I personally liked Bush, but didn't always agree with him. I felt he sincerely cared for the country. I don't see that with Obama.
    What I don't like about Obama is he is so detached from the will of the people and I don't like the people he associated with before being elected. His very first thing into taking office should have been getting people back to work. However, he just spent money on everything. A household that is in financial trouble shouldn't spend themselves into prosperity. That should apply to the country as well. I don't like him and the senate thinking they know more than the voters about what is good for us and the country. I also don't like the government having so much control of everything in our lives.
    Wedey

Answer by Wedey at 1:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• LOL- I answered personally, as you asked and received down votes- I guess some did not like my life story-hilarious.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Bush tax cuts were for everyone.
    _________
    Yes, but there isn't a proposal out there that they will be letting the cuts for lower income people expire. As a matter of fact, they will be phasing in a few more breaks according to the proposal.

We will see who votes for this.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I know his tax cuts were for everyone. But he is only letting the one for the rich expire. We have been over this over and over again on cm. With provided links lol. soprano your pay check won't change. It already has when Obama cut taxes for 95% of Americans.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Unless things have changed the whole kit and kaboodle is going to expire. Unless something is done to extend the "non rich" cuts it will all expire. I have heard they intended on extending the lower income portion but have not heard they'd actually done it.

There are plenty of proposals out there but as of now that's all they are. With campaign season in full swing and midterms a few short months away I will be surprised if it gets done. And like I said Obamacare is riddled with taxes and "fees" that will affect everyone.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh, the amount had originally been exempt from certain taxes because we showed receipts that the money went to medical bills. That didn't apply after PBO took office.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I will be surprised if it gets done
    ______________
    I would be shocked if it doesn't. As you said., it is campaign season.

Obama's proposal has been out there for two years. I would guess that that is the one that will pass, unless there are some politicians with career death wishes.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• popcorn

Anonymous