Ahh...they are shutting my electricity off for the day!

So they are replacing the poles in front of my house and have to shut my electricity off. I have no idea how to entertain myself without it! It has been so long since I have not had my computer. I know as soon as it shuts off I will want to look something up. I guess I will try to get my dishes and laundry done before they shut it off. What would you ladies do without electricity for the day?

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 1:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I read. A power outage is often the only quiet time in my house, so I sit and read by candlelight.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Since it would probably get too hot, I would probably leave the house for awhile, do some shopping or just hang somewhere for a bit, visit someone (well if I had anyone close by to visit).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would load the girls up in the car and take off for the local pool. We have a family pass so it is free, and we would be able to stay cool. And it would be a good excuse to do nothing around the house that day :o)
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 1:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• go do something outside- have a picnic, go to the pool or beach!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• what about your refrigerator and what's inside. Won't that be a problem if that is off all day?
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My DH has my car today (his won't start) so going somewhere isn't an option. I would take them to the river to go swimming if I had my car. He will be home at 5. I have no idea what time they are shutting it off. They are going to come knock on the door when they are ready. I think the fridge will be fine if I don't open it. I would love to sit and read but my kiddos are 6 and 7 and not really the calm type. My 7 yo will not know what to do without the Wii. It's drizzly out today so not much to do outside. Blah...why couldn't they plan the outage on a different day?
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• ewww, I'd be gone, thats for sure. I hope you don't live in the south.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Virginia. Muggy today. Still have the electricity...I am waiting...
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I woudl go to the Library and use their computer for starters. I woudl make an appointment to have fun that day with a friend and go shopping or on a day trip if I ahd no husband or kids to worry about. There are day trips. Check them out ahead of tiem and get a ticket and go. Or travel yourself to a place youw ant to go to for a day. Or spend a day ata spa if you ahev the means. I can think of a million thinsg I woudl do. lol Have fun! . lol
    emmidr

Answer by emmidr at 4:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010