What do you do for "me" time?

I am a SAHM with 2 littles at home, one 18 yr old at work and a 22 yr old that moved out. Hubby works a lot, and when he comes home he either has projects/work to do, plays with the kids or relaxes. I bust butt all day taking care of the kids, doing housework and preparing meals, I seldom get to sit and have quiet time. When the kids are being quiet, I am usually catching up on organizing or deep cleaning (like closets)

I am overdue for some ME time. I don't really like to just go shopping, I need genuine, fast acting, recharge your batteries ideas! Something that will "refresh" me and make me ready for more!

Ideas? Thanks!

Annette4

Asked by Annette4 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Health

• I read a book
    Owensmommy32010

Answer by Owensmommy32010 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I like to get pedicures. They don't take all day, but for a half hour to an hour you are sitting there being completely pampered. And a side benefit is your feet feel great afterwards.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 1:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Personally, I go to the gym and do a fun class like Zumba or kickboxing, but that's me. Do you have any hobbies that you were into before you became a mom? How about getting a pedicure or massage?
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i just joined a gym that has a great daycare. its big, the workers are so nice, its got so many toys, TV, the kids are all nice.. i really like it. so i let my son socialize and play in there while i work out for an hour or two. i dont know if i will put him in there in the winter because im a germophobe and hate when hes sick, but for now thats my me time. my mother is around ALL the time also so she loves to spend time with him and will let me have me time.. i still like to go out and get a few drinks with friends, me and my SO take trips to the jersey shore, go to six flags, go to concerts & music festivals, go to the movies, out to dinner, things like that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I read after my daughter goes to bed or like now, surf the net while she is napping after I do some housework. I work out sometimes during naptime too, and sometimes I wait until she is in bed. Yeah, but for me...working out, reading and surfing the net is my relax time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010