WTF!! Bloody noses!?!?

Im 27 wks...and I have been getting bloody noses like no other. There not bad...but like if I go to blow my nose theres always blood. I have been having blood pressure issues...I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Does anyone have anything!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• probably no worries.. i had many bleeds to... you are carrying 40% more blood in your body right now and the hormones definately aren't helping... as long as they don't get bad and you don't get light headed during or after then just relax and drink some water.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• High blood pressure can cause nose bleeds. I'm sure your OB is keeping an eye on your BP. It could be allergies. I would call your OB if the problem continues just to be safe.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• from what i know bloody noses are normal. starting anywhere after 5 months. have you blood pressure checked but a lot of bloody noses are caused by the increase blood in your body.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 12:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• With each pregnancy I have had nose bleeds; even with this one. I never have them otherwise. All the previous answers are correct; but I wouldn't worry unless it is literally pouring out of your nose. GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• its normal to get nose bleeds. i just read this in my pregnancy book tonight :) a humidifier will help. but during pregnancy the little node things in the back of your nose get swollen, and you can get extra boogers too lol. but its normal to get.. try a humidifier especially in winter time because the air is much drier that time of year. i get it too.. and i have hardcore boogers ha!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I had a bloody nose every other day with my 2nd pregnancy. Doc said it was normal.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008