What's your favorite way to "give back"?

I have never given money to a charity, never have had a lot of extra money. But I do like to make blankets for the hospitals, and every Christmas I try to buy at least one gift for a child off the Angel Trees.

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 1:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We do toys for tots every year, I donate to humane society and go on the walks for the humane society, this year we donated clothes and furniture to the cerebral palsey foundation and I've donated to march of dimes in the past. When our son gets to be 4 or 5 we would like to start working soup kitchens or get involved in other area's of helping others.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Volunteering and donating stuff. We recently donated my grandmother's home health supplies after she died to a home that takes care of my hubby's sister. She has Smith Maganis, its like Down's syndrome. They were so happy because we gave them things like a hospital bed, walker, cane, commode, and more.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 1:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We usually adopt a family at Christmas. During the rest of the year, we donate food and clothing through our church. I volunteer by taking blood pressures once a month at church also.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I donate all the scarves I have left from craft show season to the homeless shelters.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We tithe (give 10% of my husband's paycheck) to the local church, and give thru World Vision. I used to like to volunteer at a homeless dinner place, but haven't done that since we moved away.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010