Would you vote for him after seeing this? or would it mean nothing?

OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma judicial candidate is fending off a political attack from his daughter, who has taken out a local newspaper ad urging voters: "Do not vote for my dad!"

McClain County judicial hopeful John Mantooth's daughter and son-in-law paid for the quarter-page advertisement, which features a picture of the daughter's family, highlights cases in which Mantooth has been sued and lists a website the couple started, http://www.donotvoteformydad.com.

Mantooth said the bad blood stems from his 1981 divorce from his daughter's mother.

"This is a family issue which should have been kept private," he said Monday. "I'm very sad about this. I'm very disappointed. I'm hurt, but I love my daughter, and I want things to get better, and I hope they will."

Jan Schill, 31, said she never has had a good relationship with her father and doesn't think he'd make a good judge.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There's no such thing as bad publicity. Sometimes, with less informed voters, recognizing the name is enough to earn a vote.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The whole thing sounds like a sour grapes issue. I saw where he has been in the judiciary for 37 yrs and she gives 7 links to cases that I guess she felt were not good outcomes. A drop in the bucket. It's all unfortunate and puts him in a rough spot. I'm sure he loves his daughter as we all love our kids.
    I just think it will be seen for what it is and won't make much difference.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• This alone would not keep me from voting for the man. I have a daughter who woild probably do the same thing. I would explore other sources, find reputable info about his qualifications and his political views, and then make my decision.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Its just crazy to me! lol...politics!!

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think that somebody paid her to pull this stunt. I think that it may work in his favor because people will be able to relate to him and feel sorry for him. It would take a lot more than his daughter throwing a tantrum to make me not want to vote for him.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010