Is he a republican or a Constitution Party candidate?

DENVER – In a move that complicates Republican efforts to take back the Colorado governor's office, former GOP congressman Tom Tancredo said Monday that he plans to change parties and run on the American Constitution Party ticket.

Tancredo issued a terse, one-sentence statement saying he intends to register his new party affiliation with the secretary of state then seek the nomination for governor.

He believes Republican candidates Scott McInnis and Dan Maes have no chance of beating Democrat John Hickenlooper in November.

Tancredo previously gave Maes and McInnis a deadline of noon Monday to agree to step down if they are trailing in the polls after the Aug. 10 primary. Both men refused.

"It's high noon, and I'm still here," Maes said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_el_gu/us_colorado_governor_tancredo

Or a WOLF in a CONSTITUTION PARTIES Clothing?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know little about the guy but in a local race it doesn't really matter what he calls himself. If the Tea Party people vote for him it will be because of his stances on the issues and if he differs enough from the Republican(whom I don't know) he might win. If the Republican has similar stances and isn't a RINO then all bets are off. His running on this 3rd party ticket could give the Democrat the win.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Why do I know this name, and it seems very negative to me? Is this the guy Meghan Kelly had a fight with the other day?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• He is a panderer (I am pretty sure I just made tat word up--English teacher privlege...LOL). He says whatever he feels the group he is addressing wants to hear.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Carly Fiorina's Demon Sheep

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes lovin

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

Thanks for that answe! I think this is why most view republican and Tea party as interchangeable. If they can't get the nomination one way..they'll just call themselves something else...(Like SPECTOR)

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010